Saturday, August 29, 2009

About


Why do I write? This is a question that easily gets lost in the storytelling of creative fiction, in the intellectual excitement of research papers, in the emotional torrent of personal journals, and in the love and desire to share in letters to those I care for. Yet, underneath them all burns the same fire, the same source of inspiration—my faith in God.

This journal is my attempt to explore my inner life with writing and my writing with my inner life. As "The Soul of the Apostolate" counsels religious that you cannot give to others what you don't have spiritually yourself, so us writers based in faith cannot give in our words that we have yet to accept. This is my journey both in faith and in the written word, to seek both the presence of God and to share it in all I write, whether implicitly or explicitly.

After several false starts and ramblings, I think I've finally found my place and purpose for this blog. This is not about preaching to others, but about exploring God, mysticism, and the inner writing life. If this sparks your interest either as a writer or a seeker of God, feel free to add your own thoughts. Please just remember this is for all of us ultimately a journey we make alone with the Lord of Heaven, and so be respectful of the many traditions and background from which we all come. I cannot separate my journey to know God from my Catholic faith, and I certainly don't expect anyone else to leave their own traditions behind.  But this is not a place for apologetics, but to simply share.

No comments: